Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I am back, yay.  Not much going on really, well that is not true, been doing a lot of crafting but I did not want to talk about it till I could show pictures.  I am in several swaps on the Cricut Message Board (what else is new) and have completed several of the items that I am sending/have sent and decided to share here.

The weather here has been rather erratic, freezing temperatures, snow, sleet, icy rain, and now it is 50 degrees. Just thought I would channel my inner weather girl and put that out there.

Without further ado, my completed projects.

The swap was a Pin cushion/stick pin swap.  My partner is a (cough) Dallas Cowboys Fan and I decided to do her pin cushion in Dallas Colors.  Here are the results

I used Dallas Fabric and the bow was Dallas blue with Silver Stars.  I bought some bottle cap images from Etsy and added them to the sides and top. The Stick pins were iridescent blue and silver.

I did a few things in between, but failed to take pictures.

I just completed a Spool Swap and here are my pictures. I got one of the ideas from http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/other/3122119.html.  The first one is a wooden spool.  My partner wanted red and black so I covered the spool with paper from DCWV Immortal stack.  I added some flowers I received in a swap, a metal bow with charms hanging down. The charms I used were a butterfly, crown, small fairy, and heart shaped clock.  I also used metal flowers and some feathers.  The second one is a toilet paper spool.  I used Timeless paper stack and covered the spool with ribbon that she can use later.  The flowers are recollections and I smudged the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo. Again I added feathers, obviously an obsession with me now and a Butterfly with a rhinestone center.
And last but not least is the card I made for this swap.  
Hope to back soon with more crafty goodness

Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment